Spiderhouse Oy, January 2019
Your privacy and keeping you informed on processing your personal data is important to us. This Privacy Notice provides you information on how we collect and process personal data of our members and potential future members.
In case of any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why we process personal data?
We process personal data for the purposes of
– providing and developing our HT platform for an efficient and easy to access networking environment for different kind of actors in the field of smart textiles industry such as designers, technology providers, research organizations and various service providers in order to enable and boost product development, commercialization and internationalization of the said field of industry by building an ecosystem therein,
– maintaining and managing a business and member relationship with you including, for example, member surveys and providing information on our events,
– acquiring new members and ordinary marketing and member communications such as newsletters, email marketing, contacting potential members and providing information on our services and HT platform, and
– carrying out our legal obligations based on the statutory regulations and guidelines of the authorities.
- What is our legal basis for processing personal data?
When processing your personal data for the purposes described above, our processing is based on our legitimate interest as a data controller and fulfilling our contractual obligations to You while providing our services.
- What personal data we collect and process and how?
Your personal data that we process mainly includes the following:
– Members’ and potential members’ identification information, such as your name, your contact information (email, address, phone number(s)), your company information, your title or position and your user id,
– Information provided to us by you while using the HT platform and attending our meetings and events,
– Information about your participation to our events,
– Data generated by us while providing our services and the HT platform, and
– Data obtained and/or collected from public information sources such as your company websites and public registers in course of providing our services and HT platform and obtaining new members.
We mainly process personal data that is obtained
– Directly from you through, for example, our mutual communications and your use of the HT platform and attendance to our events,
– Directly from your company/employer through, for example, business related communications with your employer, and
– Public information sources such as your company websites and public registers.
- Do we share and transfer personal data?
The HT platform is essentially a place for networking and building an ecosystem in the field of smart textiles industry. Such networking and ecosystem building also requires connecting member and user of the HT platform with each other. Therefore, your contact information is shared with the members and users of the HT platform in order to enable and boost networking, product development, commercialization and internationalization in the field of smart textiles industry. You may, however, contact us to enable anonymous contacting means in the HT platform, which hides your contact information from the other members but still enables them to connect with you.
We do not regularly transfer your personal data outside the European Union (the “EU”) and the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). However, there may be HT platform members whose primary place of business resides outside the EU/EEA or who will access the HT platform outside the EU/EEA. We will enter into applicable standard contractual clauses with such members to meet the requirements of data transfer and processing of personal data outside the EU/EEA.
We do not distribute your personal data in any manner to third parties for marketing purposes but we may share information with our suppliers, such as technical service providers and event organizers, when they perform services on our behalf under contractual obligations to us and only to the extent of the purposes defined in these privacy terms.
- How do we protect personal data?
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to personal data by, for example, maintaining security policies and procedures to ensure our systems are secure and protected. Processing of your personal data is limited to personnel who needs to access data for the purposes above while we provide our services. We provided training to our personnel regarding privacy, data protection and security.
- How long is your personal data stored by us?
We will store your personal data for the above mentioned purposes for the duration of business or membership relationship with you or as long as we still may need to contact you or as required by laws or regulations applicable to us. We may also retain your personal data for a longer period to the extent we deem the data necessary to assert or defend legal claims during any relevant retention period or to identify possible conflicting assignments. Personal data records in connection to potential new members are removed yearly.
- Your rights as a data subject
GDPR provides you with a number of rights as data subject, which you may exercise by requesting
– a copy of your personal data that we process,
– correction of incorrect personal data that relates to you, and
– in some cases, deletion of your personal data unless we need to maintain records for legal purposes.
Kindly notice that we need to be able to check your identification for enabling you to exercise you rights.
We’d love to keep in touch with you, but you are provided an option to opt-out from our marketing and members’ communications through our letters.
- Analytics and logs
We may use varying analytics and monitoring capabilities for obtaining data regarding the use of the HT platform and its potential errors in order to develop the HT platform and its user experience. Such analytics and monitoring are not connected to any personal data other than appearing in regular course of using the HT platform.
Use of the service is, however, logged and log files may contain personal data such as user id’s in connection with date and time information of logging in and out of the platform.
- Cookies and instructions for using cookies
Each visitor has the option to choose whether or not a cookie is installed in the browser in connection with a visit.
When you visit our website for the first time, we ask you about using a cookie, and a cookie will not be installed on your computer without your consent. A cookie will only be installed if you accept the cookie by selecting the “Accept” button. If you object to the installation of cookies, you should select the “Decline” button, and in this case the cookie will not be installed. If you have previously accepted the cookies, we will not display the cookie notification again.
You may also choose to visit our website in incognito mode. In this case we will not record your visit. If you want to remove all cookies from your computer, we recommend that you access the instructions for using your web browser and delete all the installed cookies yourself. However, when accessing the HT platform, incognito mode can not be used.
- How to contact us?
Data controller: Spiderhouse Oy
Address: Tallberginkatu 1 C 135, 00180 Helsinki