TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HAPPY TEXTILES MEMBERSHIP
Under these Terms and Conditions for HT Membership (“Membership Terms”), Spiderhouse Oy (2877701-4), a company established under the laws of Finland and having its registered address at Tallberginkatu 1 C 135, 00180 Helsinki, Finland, is the platform provider and coordinator for the HT platform (“Platform Provider”).
You are addressed as a member of the HT (“You” or “Member”).
The purpose and aim of the HT are to provide an efficient and easy to access networking environment for different kind of actors in the field of smart textiles industry such as designers, technology providers, research organizations and various service providers in order to enable and boost product development, commercialization and internationalization of the said field of industry by building an ecosystem therein.
- These Membership Terms form a binding contract between the Member and the Platform Provider.
- Becoming a Member requires applying a membership through [link] and providing the requested information for the Member applying the membership. All applications for the membership will be reviewed and processed by the Platform Provider. Your application for the membership can be denied if the requirements and conditions for the membership defined in these Membership Terms are not met or You do not provide the information requested. The Platform Provider may contact You while processing and reviewing the application for the membership. The applications for the membership are processed within fourteen (14) working days.
- There are membership categories available for the Member: Basic Membership and Premium Membership. While applying Your membership, You can choose an applicable membership category, which can be changed later if so agreed between You and the Platform Provider.
- As a Member on the Basic Membership You will be provided the following services and benefits:
- You will be allowed to attend member events;
- You will be allowed to upload and make visible Your own logo and information about You visible to others in the HT; and
- You will be able to search other members of the HT and contact them.
- As a Member on the Premium Membership You will be provided the following services and benefits:
- You will be allowed to attend member events;
- You will be allowed to upload and make visible Your own logo and information about You visible to others in the HT;
- You will be able to search other members of the HT and contact them;
- You may be provided with access to marketing material that you are free to exploit in Your own business; and
- While the HT is further developed, You will be provided first access to new features and services.
- The Member of the HT, You, are required to
- Follow good business practices and professionalism when interacting and doing business with other members of the HT;
- Share and make visible to and with other members of the HT Your own competence and knowledge in the field of smart textiles industry;
- Show Your interest, competence and willingness to boost commercialization and internationalization of the smart textiles industry and products and services therein together with the other members of the HT; and
- Show Your interest, competence and willingness to expand networking, knowledge and know-how in the smart textiles industry and products and services therein together with the other members of the HT.
- Any business relationship between You as a Member and another member shall remain between the parties thereto and the Platform Provider has no part in such business relationship whether or not it was born through connections, networking or interaction boosted by the HT.
- Membership fees are confirmed yearly and changes to fees are communicated by the end of each calendar year (“Fee Communication”). Membership fees are paid on yearly basis against an invoice provided by the Platform Provider. Membership fee information is available at [where]. Payment term is fourteen (14) days from the date of the invoice. Non-payment of the Membership fees entitles the Platform Provider to suspend the Member’s access to the HT and in case non-payment is not remedied within 30 days of a written notice from the Platform Provider to the Member, the Member’s Membership to the HT can be terminated by the Platform Provider.
- If you wish to terminate your Membership, a written notification must be provided to the Platform Provider by latest thirty (30) days from the date of the Fee Communication in order to avoid invoicing the next Membership fee unless otherwise agreed on case by case basis. Any fees paid will not be refunded.
- The Platform Provider may amend these Membership Terms at any time and shall communicate the amendments by latest with Fee Communication. If you wish to terminate your Membership due to amendments to these Membership Terms, a written notification must be provided to the Platform Provider by latest thirty (30) days from the date of the communication for the amendments in order to avoid invoicing the next Membership fee unless otherwise agreed on case by case basis. Any fees paid will not be refunded.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Any and all intellectual property rights including without limitation patents, trademarks, designs, copyrights and any applications thereto to and for the HT shall belong and remain to the Platform Provider and its subcontractors. The Member is only provided a right to use the HT and material provided therein by Platform Provider in accordance with these Membership Terms and as possibly indicated with any material.
- Any and all intellectual property rights including without limitation patents, trademarks, designs, copyrights and any applications thereto owned by the Member or a third party, shall belong and remain with owner of such rights. The Platform Provider is only provided a right to use the trademark of the Member in the extent required to make such trademark visible to the other members of the HT for providing visibility to the Member. This shall apply also in the event if the HT at some point of time would enable its members to offer their intellectual property rights for sales or licensing to the other members and such offering of intellectual property rights to other members shall then be considered in accordance with Section 1.7. of these Membership Terms.
- In case the Member uploads or shares any copyrighted material to the HT, the Member shall be responsible to make sure that they have right to upload or share such material. Owner of such material must be indicated along with possible rights to use and limitations thereto to the other members.
- Support, User Credentials and Availability
- Support for the Member for using the HT is provided and requests are in regular conditions addressed within twenty-four (24) hours. However, no warranty for availability and technical functionality is given.
- The HT is accessible with commonly available Internet browsers. Further information regarding version support can be received from the Platform Provider.
- You as a Member are provided with User ID and password (“User Credentials”) to access the HT. User Credentials are strictly confidential and only provided to those persons listed as contact persons of the Member. Sharing of the User Credentials to third parties or non-identified persons is strictly prohibited, and any misuse of the User Credentials by the Member entitles the Platform Provider to suspend the Member’s access to the HT.
- Processing of Personal Data
- As one of the purposes of the HT is to enable networking between the members of the HT, Your contact information as a Member may be published to the other members of the HT. In case You wish to enable anonymous contacting without having Your contact information visible on the HT, the Platform Provider should be contacted.
- You as a Member will also be able to access contact information of the other members of the HT. You are allowed to use such contact information of the other members of the HT only for the purposes of networking, product development, commercialization and internationalization in the field of smart textiles industry in Your own business. Any other use of the contact information of the other members of the HT is strictly prohibited. Extracting of the other members’ contact information or sharing it to third parties by any technical or non-technical means is prohibited.
- If You, as a Member, have your primary place of business located outside the European Union or European Economic Area and/or You access the HT outside the European Union or European Economic Area, You will be required to sign Standard Contractual Clauses for personal data processing in order to allow Your access to the HT and the Platform Provider will contact You for that.
Spiderhouse Oy, January 2019
Your privacy and keeping you informed on processing your personal data is important to us. This Privacy Notice provides you information on how we collect and process personal data of our members and potential future members.
In case of any questions, please contact email@example.com
- Why we process personal data?
We process personal data for the purposes of
– providing and developing our HT platform for an efficient and easy to access networking environment for different kind of actors in the field of smart textiles industry such as designers, technology providers, research organizations and various service providers in order to enable and boost product development, commercialization and internationalization of the said field of industry by building an ecosystem therein,
– maintaining and managing a business and member relationship with you including, for example, member surveys and providing information on our events,
– acquiring new members and ordinary marketing and member communications such as newsletters, email marketing, contacting potential members and providing information on our services and HT platform, and
– carrying out our legal obligations based on the statutory regulations and guidelines of the authorities.
- What is our legal basis for processing personal data?
When processing your personal data for the purposes described above, our processing is based on our legitimate interest as a data controller and fulfilling our contractual obligations to You while providing our services.
- What personal data we collect and process and how?
Your personal data that we process mainly includes the following:
– Members’ and potential members’ identification information, such as your name, your contact information (email, address, phone number(s)), your company information, your title or position and your user id,
– Information provided to us by you while using the HT platform and attending our meetings and events,
– Information about your participation to our events,
– Data generated by us while providing our services and the HT platform, and
– Data obtained and/or collected from public information sources such as your company websites and public registers in course of providing our services and HT platform and obtaining new members.
We mainly process personal data that is obtained
– Directly from you through, for example, our mutual communications and your use of the HT platform and attendance to our events,
– Directly from your company/employer through, for example, business related communications with your employer, and
– Public information sources such as your company websites and public registers.
- Do we share and transfer personal data?
The HT platform is essentially a place for networking and building an ecosystem in the field of smart textiles industry. Such networking and ecosystem building also requires connecting member and user of the HT platform with each other. Therefore, your contact information is shared with the members and users of the HT platform in order to enable and boost networking, product development, commercialization and internationalization in the field of smart textiles industry. You may, however, contact us to enable anonymous contacting means in the HT platform, which hides your contact information from the other members but still enables them to connect with you.
We do not regularly transfer your personal data outside the European Union (the “EU”) and the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). However, there may be HT platform members whose primary place of business resides outside the EU/EEA or who will access the HT platform outside the EU/EEA. We will enter into applicable standard contractual clauses with such members to meet the requirements of data transfer and processing of personal data outside the EU/EEA.
We do not distribute your personal data in any manner to third parties for marketing purposes but we may share information with our suppliers, such as technical service providers and event organizers, when they perform services on our behalf under contractual obligations to us and only to the extent of the purposes defined in these privacy terms.
- How do we protect personal data?
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to personal data by, for example, maintaining security policies and procedures to ensure our systems are secure and protected. Processing of your personal data is limited to personnel who needs to access data for the purposes above while we provide our services. We provided training to our personnel regarding privacy, data protection and security.
- How long is your personal data stored by us?
We will store your personal data for the above mentioned purposes for the duration of business or membership relationship with you or as long as we still may need to contact you or as required by laws or regulations applicable to us. We may also retain your personal data for a longer period to the extent we deem the data necessary to assert or defend legal claims during any relevant retention period or to identify possible conflicting assignments. Personal data records in connection to potential new members are removed yearly.
- Your rights as a data subject
GDPR provides you with a number of rights as data subject, which you may exercise by requesting
– a copy of your personal data that we process,
– correction of incorrect personal data that relates to you, and
– in some cases, deletion of your personal data unless we need to maintain records for legal purposes.
Kindly notice that we need to be able to check your identification for enabling you to exercise you rights.
We’d love to keep in touch with you, but you are provided an option to opt-out from our marketing and members’ communications through our letters.
- Analytics and logs
We may use varying analytics and monitoring capabilities for obtaining data regarding the use of the HT platform and its potential errors in order to develop the HT platform and its user experience. Such analytics and monitoring are not connected to any personal data other than appearing in regular course of using the HT platform.
Use of the service is, however, logged and log files may contain personal data such as user id’s in connection with date and time information of logging in and out of the platform.
- Cookies and instructions for using cookies
Each visitor has the option to choose whether or not a cookie is installed in the browser in connection with a visit.
When you visit our website for the first time, we ask you about using a cookie, and a cookie will not be installed on your computer without your consent. A cookie will only be installed if you accept the cookie by selecting the “Accept” button. If you object to the installation of cookies, you should select the “Decline” button, and in this case the cookie will not be installed. If you have previously accepted the cookies, we will not display the cookie notification again.
You may also choose to visit our website in incognito mode. In this case we will not record your visit. If you want to remove all cookies from your computer, we recommend that you access the instructions for using your web browser and delete all the installed cookies yourself. However, when accessing the HT platform, incognito mode can not be used.
- How to contact us?
Data controller: Spiderhouse Oy
Address: Tallberginkatu 1 C 135, 00180 Helsinki